To become the foremost tourism program, with international standards based in Pancasila, and to develop tourism to improve societal welfare, recognition of the importance of the humanities, and the role of the nation, as well as to strengthen the Indonesian Republic.
- To provide quality education in the field of tourism that is capable of competing domestically and internationally.
- To produce competitive, ethical, and innovative graduates who are capable of taking a leading role, have a strong understanding of culture and religion, and show an interest in overcoming issues faced by humanity and the nation.
- To promote research into the field of tourism which serves towards the development of education, knowledge, technology, and art, which are key for promoting the interests of humanity and the nation.
- To increase community service in the field of tourism to solve humanitarian problems.
- To conduct cooperative programs with various parties, both within and without Indonesia, in the field of tourism to promote education, research, and community service.
- To continually provide a program with transparent and high-quality organization and management, in accordance with the program’s needs and those of the period.
Studies on tourism activities, their implementation system, and the implications which emerge for stakeholders, culture, and the environment. Aside from regular classes, the tourism program also offers an international class (the International Undergraduate Program/IUP)
To produce graduates with a capability in tourism research who are able to take an active role in humanitarian efforts and national development.
Graduates of the tourism department can find careers both domestically and internationally, as managers/staff at tourist attractions, hotels, or tour and travel agencies; researchers, tourism consultants; restaurant managers; staff at tourism agencies; event organizers; staff and professionals at airlines and cruise ship companies, etc.
- Burapha University, Thailand
- Mahidol University, Thailand
- Queensland University, Australia
- Wakayama University, Japan
- Saxion University, the Netherlands
Further information about the Tourism Department is available at http://pariwisata.fib.ugm.ac.id
Faculty of Cultural Sciences, UGM
Jl. Sosiohumaniora, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta
Tel: 0274 513096 ext. 105
Fax: 0274 550451