To become the foremost program in the fields of Indonesian language and literature, responsive to change, oriented to the needs of society, and based in the Pancasila.
1. To increase the quality of education in the fields of Indonesian language and literature at the graduate and post-graduate level to meet international standards
2. To conduct research in the fields Indonesian language and literature which is useful for education
3. To provide research-based education in the fields of Indonesian language and literature
4. To develop education and research in the fields of Indonesian language and literature which is oriented towards the formation of a multicultural society.
5. To develop more contextual research in the Indonesian language and literature.
1. Main competence
Capable of addressing linguistic and literary issues in an academic manner
2. Supporting competences
a. Have a command of a foreign language
b. Capable of understanding the humanities
3. Other competences
a. Have a command of information technology
b. Capable of developing independence and collaboration
c. Capable of building leadership and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Alumni of the Indonesian Literature Department are spread throughout Indonesia and work as lecturers, teachers (from kindergarten to senior high school), researchers (at LIPI, the Language Center, Language Bureau, etc.), editors (book, print media, and electronic media), journalists (print and electronic media), fulltime and freelance writers, non-educative employees (government and private institutions), public relations (government and private institutions), soldiers, police officers, graphic designers, bankers, translators, etc
Further information on the Indonesian Literature Department is available at http://sastraindonesia.fib.ugm.ac.id/
Indonesian Literature Department
Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Gadjah Mada
Jl. Sosiohumaniora, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta.
Tel: 0274-513096 Ext. 126
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com