To become an institution capable of producing nationally and internationally prominent linguists with the degree of master (second level) who have broad background knowledge and a sense of nation, was well as the capability of independently producing pure or interdisciplinary linguistic research.
1. To provide international-quality education in linguistics.
2. To educate linguists with the degree of master who are capable of applying their knowledge to resolve a wide variety of social issues and capable of opening dialogue between experts from various nations to promote mutually beneficial inter-cultural collaboration.
3. To educate linguistic experts who are capable of conducting research in an effort to resolve linguistic issues at both the national and international level.
4. To prepare linguists who will be capable of continuing their studies to a higher level as the next generation of linguistic researchers, thus ensuring the continuity of linguistic research traditions in the homeland.
Potential students of the Master’s Program in Linguistics are baccalaureate graduates from the Faculty of Literature, Faculty of Cultural Sciences literature departments, Faculty of Language and Arts, Institute of Teaching and Education, Faculty of Culture at institutes of religious studies, or other institutes of higher learning with a department in language and literary studies.
Potential students are selected by a team led by the program head and supported by several members of the teaching staff. Selection is based on students’ GPAs (at the baccalaureate level), TOEFL/AcEPT and academic potential test scores, and works of pure linguistic research submitted by the potential students upon application.
Potential Students can register online at http://www.um.ugm.ac.id.
1. Prof. Dr. I Dewa Putu Wijana, S.U., M.A.
2. Prof. Dr. Soepomo Poedjo Soedarmo
3. Prof. Dr. Stephanus Djawanai, M.A.
4. Prof. Dr. Syamsul Hadi, S.U.,M.A.
5. Prof. Dr. D.Edi Subroto
6. Prof. Dr. Rachmat Djoko Pradopo
7. Prof. Dr. Marsono, S.U.
8. Prof. Dr. Heddy Shri Ahimsa-Putra, M.A., M.Phil.
9. Prof. Dr. Lasiyo, M.A.
10. Prof. Dr. Soehardi,M.A.
11. Prof. Dr. Amitya Kumara
12. Prof. Dr. Praptomo Baryadi, M.Hum
13. Dr. Inyo Yos Fernandes
14. Dr. Suhandono, M.A.
15. Dr. F.X.Nadar, M.A.
16. Dr. Amir Ma’ruf, M.Hum.
17. Dr. Tatang Hariri, M.A.
18. Dr. Tina Afiatin,M.Sc.
19. Dr. Avin Fadilla Helmi, M.Si.
20. Drs. Tri Mastoyo, M.Hum.
Management of the Postgraduate Program in Linguistics
Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada
Jl. Sosiohumaniora, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281
Tel: (0274) 513096
Fax: (0274) 550451
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org