AMERICAN STUDIES GRADUATE PROGRAM
ENGLISH DEPARTMENT FACULTY OF CULTURAL SCIENCES
UNIVERSITAS GADJAH MADA
Staff visit to Monash University. Discussion on the possibility of sending and exchanging undergraduate, and graduate students to Monash-UGM.
In line with one of the missions of the English Department which is to provide international exposure to its students, the English Department has cooperated with institutions some of which are Oberlin College (US), Texas A&M University and American Studies Centre, India, in the fields of English language, culture and literature.
The English Department would like to extend its international networking by sending NurSaktiningrumto Monash University proposing several programs for both the American Studies Graduate Program and English Department Undergraduate Programs. There has been apreliminary discussion about this program via e-mail between the English Department which was represented by Nur Saktiningrum and Monash University represented by Eugene Sebastian and his staff.
The program washeld from8 – 9October 2014.
1. The results of the discussion are as follows:
1) Faculty of Cultural Sciences, UniversitasGadjahMada and Monash Universitywill continue the discussion on the double degree in Translation Studies.
2) The possibility of having Scholarship/internship opportunities for the undergraduate students
3) Possible opportunity for students of Monash University to study in UniversitasGadjahMada and vice versa.
4) Possible research collaborations between Faculty members of Monash University and Faculty of Cultural Sciences, UniversitasGadjahMada.
5) The possibility of American Studies, UGM graduate students (S2 and S3) visitingMonash University to carry out library research and have consultations with professors in Monash University.